Beer Braised Cabbage
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
• 1 onion, sliced
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 large head cabbage, cored and thinly sliced or shredded
• 1 bottle of beer
• cup of apple cider or juice
• 1 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
In a large pot, add the oil and cook the bacon until browned and crispy. Add the onion and the bay leaf.
Add the cabbage, stirring to mix. Add the beer, vinegar, cider and cover. Braise until the cabbage has wilted, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove the bay leaves and serve.