Monarch Club Terms & Conditions
General Membership Rules
1. Monarch Club program membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of Lake Austin Spa Resort. Lake Austin Spa Resort has the right to change, limit, modify or cancel the terms, conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures (collectively, the “Terms”), program benefits, and benefit levels at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of benefits already earned, the ability to use earned benefits, or the ability to obtain certain benefits. Lake Austin Spa Resort may, among other things: (a) increase or decrease the amount of credit received for a stay or the length of stay required for a credit; (b) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any benefit; and (c) add blackout dates, limit rooms available for any benefit, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting credits, or rules governing the use of credits. The earning of credits does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to credits or program benefits. In earning credits, members may not rely upon the continued availability of any benefit or benefit level.
2. Participation in the Monarch Club program is subject to the Terms, including, among other things, the Definitions, Conditions of Enrollment, Program Benefits and Program Rules and Restrictions set forth below (collectively, the “Program Rules”) that Lake Austin Spa Resort may, in its discretion, adopt from time to time. Lake Austin Spa Resort may amend the Terms, including, among other things, the Program Rules, at any time without notice.
3. No employee, agent or other representative of Lake Austin Spa Resort has the right or authority to modify any of the Terms except in writing from an officer of Lake Austin Spa Resort. Lake Austin Spa Resort has the sole discretion to interpret and apply the Terms.
4. The award of credits is subject to the Monarch Club Program Rules. Each member is responsible for reading the Terms, email, newsletters, and direct mail literature provided by Lake Austin Spa Resort in order to understand his or
her rights, responsibilities and status in the program.
5. The benefits structure is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at Lake Austin Spa Resort’s discretion, with or without notice. The length of stay required to earn any credit and the amount of credit earned for any given
stay, may be substantially increased, any benefit may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any credit or its redemption may be imposed at any time.
6. Additionally, Lake Austin Spa Resort has the right to end the Monarch Club program by providing written notice to its members six months in advance of program termination. In that event, the right to earn benefits and redeem credits
may end six months after notification, no matter the extent of member participation in the program.
7. After applying to the Monarch Club program, a guest number will be assigned to each applicant. Upon receiving this number, an individual becomes eligible to earn Monarch Club credits and to receive other Monarch Club benefits.
8. An account may be closed at Lake Austin Spa Resort’s discretion if no credits are earned during a 36-month period. All credits in the account that remain effective will be forfeited at that time.
9. Monarch Club benefits received, including credits earned, through participating in the Monarch Club program may be subject to tax liability. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of Monarch Club
credits is the responsibility of the member.
10. In the case of fraud or abuse involving the Monarch Club program, credits earned, or benefit use, Lake Austin Spa Resort has the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, and all credits earned through the Monarch Club program may be forfeited and the account closed.
11. Membership in the Monarch Club program and any credits that may have been entered into a member’s account may be revoked or suspended at Lake Austin Spa Resort’s sole discretion if a member fails to pay any Lake Austin Spa Resort bills.
12. The awarding of Monarch Club credits and the redemption of Monarch Club credits are void where prohibited by law.
13. You may be provided with the ability to use usernames, passwords or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of Lake Austin Spa Resort’s lakeaustin.com site (“access codes”). The content contained in such
restricted areas is confidential to Lake Austin Spa Resort and is provided to you for your personal use only. We reserve the right to prohibit the use of such access codes by either you or on your behalf by third parties where we
determine that such use interferes with our site’s operation or results in commercial benefits for you or other entities to our detriment.
14. The Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, excluding its conflicts of law rules. You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or
relating to these terms and conditions or your use of the Monarch Club program will be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Texas, and you further agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction
of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
1. “Guest” means a person, other than an employee, agent or contractor of Lake Austin Spa Resort, who stays overnight at Lake Austin Spa Resort, whether or not he or she is a Member.
2. “Member” means an eligible person who has enrolled in the Monarch Club program and has been assigned a unique Monarch Club Guest number by Lake Austin Spa Resort.
3. “Monarch Club Credit” means a credit with a dollar value equal to 10% of the per-person base package rate actually paid for a Member’s Qualifying Stay package (excluding taxes and service charges). Amounts paid for products and services (such as à la carte services) that are not included in the Qualifying Stay package rate are not included in the
amount used to calculate a Monarch Club Credit.
4. “New Guest” means any Guest who has never stayed with us before.
5. “Qualifying Stay” means any full-price package Stay of three consecutive nights or more in Signature or Premier accommodations. The number of consecutive nights of a Stay will exclude any nights for which the room is provided
by Lake Austin Spa Resort on a complimentary or reduced-rate basis.
6. “Stay” means all consecutive nights that a Guest stays at Lake Austin Spa Resort, commencing at the Guest’s checkin and ending on the Guest’s departure date, whether or not the room rate is billed to the Guest.
Conditions of Enrollment
1. The Monarch Club program opened for enrollment in First Quarter 2004. Members will begin earning credits and receiving other benefits on April 1, 2004 (see “Program Benefits” below).
2. Only individuals are eligible for Monarch Club membership, and each individual may maintain only one account.
Corporations, groups and/or associated entities cannot enroll as Monarch Club Members. When traveling on business, it is the Member’s responsibility to comply with his or her company policy concerning travel programs.
3. Employees of Lake Austin Spa Resort are ineligible to participate in the Monarch Club program.
4. Any eligible individual may enroll in the Monarch Club program by completing and submitting an enrollment form. This may be done (a) online at lakeaustin.com/monarchclub, (b) by completing the enrollment form included in a
Monarch Club brochure and mailing it to us or (c) by enrolling in person at Lake Austin Spa Resort. There is no membership charge.
5. Earned Monarch Club Credits do not constitute property of the Member. Monarch Club Credits earned by a Monarch Club Member are for the Member’s benefit only and may not be assigned, transferred or sold to anyone. Monarch Club Credits are not transferable to another person for any other reason, including divorce or inheritance. A violation of this paragraph shall result in the immediate forfeiture of your Monarch Club Credits without any further notice or action by us.
6. Respecting your privacy is a priority for us. However, in order to keep you apprised of your Monarch Club membership status, it is important that we send you certain program information necessary for administration and
printed or email marketing materials from Lake Austin Spa Resort that will inform you of special offers and products we believe would be of interest to you. As a participant in the Monarch Club program, you have consented to receive
all of the kinds of information described above. However, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of emails.
1. Members will receive a monthly online newsletter that will include topics related to Lake Austin Spa Resort.
2. Members will receive offers for overnight stays, products, and services which Lake Austin Spa Resort, in its sole discretion, decides to provide exclusively to Members.
3. A Monarch Club gift will be provided to each Member upon check-in for a Qualifying Stay.
4. Each Member whose birthday occurs during a Qualifying Stay will be eligible to receive a free, 50-minute Full Body Swedish Massage.
5. Monarch Club Credits for Qualifying Stays a. Each Member will earn a Monarch Club Credit for a Qualifying Stay, whether or not the Member is the person who is named on the bill for the Qualifying Stay.
b. Each Member who earns a Monarch Club Credit is eligible to have it applied to the package room rate for the Member’s first Qualifying Stay that follows the Qualifying Stay for which the Member earned the Monarch Club
Credit, provided that such subsequent Qualifying Stay commences on or before the date 12 months following the departure date of the Qualifying Stay for which the Member earned the Monarch Club Credit.
c. A New Guest must enroll in the Monarch program prior to the date of check-out from a Qualifying Stay in order to earn a Monarch Club Credit for such Qualifying Stay.
Program Rules and Restrictions
1. To ensure that Monarch Club Credits are automatically posted to a Member’s account, the Member should present his or her Monarch Club membership card at check-in.
2. Charges which do not qualify for Monarch Club Credits include taxes applied to the package room rate, paid outs, purchase of Lake Austin Spa Resort gift certificates, charges for Lake Austin Spa Resort à la carte services, and
sundries and other products charged to the Guest room account.
3. Monarch Club Credits will not be earned for a Lake Austin Spa Resort Qualifying Stay made prior to the date the Member’s application was processed as shown in our records. No retroactive credit will be given.
4. No other person except the Member may earn Monarch Club Credits for his or her account, and Monarch Club Credits are nontransferable. Monarch Club Credits for a room shared by two or more Monarch Club Members will be
divided equally among all Monarch Club Members. Monarch Club Credits for a room shared by one or more Monarch Club Members and one or more Guests who are not Monarch Club Members will be earned by each Monarch Club
Member on the basis of the per-person package rate.
5. Monarch Club Credits earned are limited to individuals. If a Member attends a group meeting on a Qualifying Stay, he or she will be eligible to receive Monarch Club Credits for the Stay.
6. Unless prior approval is received in writing from an officer of Lake Austin Spa Resort, rooms booked at discounted rates are not eligible to earn Monarch Club Credits and Monarch Club Credits may not be applied to rooms booked at
discounted rates. Monarch Club Credits may not be earned for any Stay that includes complimentary nights unless the Stay includes at least three consecutive nights of a full price package Stay in Signature or Premier accommodations.
7. All reservations for Qualifying Stays that are eligible for Monarch Club Credits must be booked directly through Lake Austin Spa Resort. Packages booked through a travel agent are not eligible for Monarch Club Credits.