Five Star Culinary Experience Program
DOWNLOAD THE PDF HERE.
CONTACT: Darlene Fiske email@example.com, (512) 331-7755
Lake Austin Spa Resort Serves Up Five Star Culinary Experience™ Program
Weeklong Celebration Features Star Chefs and Delicious Experiences
AUSTIN, TX – Distinguished by a menu that successfully marries “health” and “gourmet”, Lake Austin Spa Resort shares secrets of preparing deliciously healthful cuisine for one week every month during its celebrated Culinary Experience ™ program.
The popular series begins on the second Monday of every month, year round. Lake Austin Spa Resort’s culinary team is joined by renowned restaurateurs, cookbook authors, James Beard award winners and acclaimed television personalities in a very intimate setting, providing guests with unforgettable culinary activities. Additionally, Lake Austin Spa Resort showcases the talents of their own Executive Chef Stéphane Beaucamp. Chef Beaucamp began his culinary training in Paris, France and shares his passion for healthy living and clean, fresh food with resort guests during his fun, interactive classes.
During the Culinary Experience weeks, in addition to daily cooking demonstrations, other activities will include Adventures in Cocktail Gardening, The World of Wine, All About Olive Oil, Guided Organic Garden Tour, Hands on Lunch and Learn, Health Benefits of Tea and Tasting, Knife Skills, Composting 101, Herbal Swags and other seasonal specialties. The Culinary Experience program is complimentary to overnight guests of the award-winning 40-room destination spa.
Upcoming guest chefs include:
• April 14, 2014. Elizabeth Karmel, a.k.a. Grill Girl, is a nationally respected authority on grilling, barbecue and Southern food. She is the Executive Chef of Hill Country Barbecue Market in NYC and Washington, DC, and NYC’s Hill Country Chicken.
• April 16, 2014. Dzintra Dzenis graduated from Le Cordon Bleu, receiving her Grand Diplôme in cuisine and pastry. She moved to Austin, Texas to launch her culinary career and was soon cast on Food Network’s highest rated program, “The Next Food Network Star.” Her deepest dream came true when she founded her restaurant and culinary center, Plate by Dzintra.
• April 18, 2014. Robin Miller has been a TV personality, food writer and nutritionist since 1990 and she is the author of ten books, including her bestselling cookbook Quick Fix Meals. Her popular show, “Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller” aired on Food Network for 5 years and she has multiple weekly blogs, Robin’s Healthy Take, on www.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats.
• May 13, 2014. Marge Perry writes, broadcasts, teaches and speaks about cooking, food and nutrition. She has written for cookbooks, magazines, and blogs, as well as been a guest on numerous television and radio shows. She is the proud recipient of a number of awards, including the Libby Hillman Award for Culinary Excellence and the Food Writers’ Symposium scholarship for her years teaching and writing about food-related topics.
• May 14, 2014. David Bonom graduated from the Institute of Culinary Education and initially worked as a restaurant chef for many prestigious restaurants and catering companies. Now his recipes grace the covers of many major consumer magazines, and appear regularly in the pages of Better Homes & Gardens, Cooking Light, Fine Cooking, Health, Prevention, Coastal Living and many more.
• May 16, 2014. Barbara Fenzl loves teaching, but she is also a cookbook author, magazine writer, and television personality. Her 13-week PBS television series, “Savor the Southwest,” showed throughout the United States in 1999. She is the author of Southwest the Beautiful Cookbook, Savor the Southwest, and Seasonal Southwest Cooking.
• June 9 & 10, 2014. Bruce Weinstein & Mark Scarborough are the most published food writing team in North America. They are also featured monthly columnists on weightwatchers.com (Sundays In The Kitchen With Bruce and Mark) and are regular contributors to Cooking Light, Fine Cooking, and many more national publications.
• June 13, 2014 Joanne Weir is a television personality, James Beard Award-winning cookbook author and judge, international cooking teacher and chef. Her “Joanne Weir’s Cooking Class” was an award winning PBS series. In 2012, Weir opened Copita, a modern Mexican restaurant and tequileria in Sausalito, California. Her other venture, Joanne Weir Wines, was launched in 2011.
• July 14, 2014. Sara Moulton is one of the most trusted names in the food biz. As the host of “Cooking Live,” “Cooking Live Primetime,” and “Sara’s Secrets” between 1996 and 2005, she was a founding Food Network personality. She’s been Food Editor of ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America” since 1997.
• July 18, 2014. Rebecca Lang is a food writer, cooking instructor, television personality, and a ninth-generation Southerner. She serves as a contributing editor for Southern Living and myrecipes.com, teaches cooking classes across America, and writes a blog that has been featured on the James Beard Foundation Blog, Delights and Prejudices, and noted in Food News Journal’s Best of the Blogs.
• September 15, 2014. Sarma Melgalis is owner and co-founder of New York’s premier raw and vegan restaurant Pure Food and Wine and the founder of One Lucky Duck, a brand that includes two retail locations, an online boutique and its own line of snack products that support a raw, vegan, organic and eco-friendly lifestyle. She is co-author of the book, Raw Food/Real World and author of Living Raw Food.
• September 19, 2014. Chef John “Johnny Vee” Vollertsen’s career in the hospitality industry has taken him from New York, through Sydney, Australia, and finally Santa Fe, New Mexico where he is now director and creator of the Las Cosas Cooking School in Santa Fe, New Mexico. On September 20, Vollertsen presents Green Chile Fest – a celebration and culinary demonstration of New Mexico’s most revered green vegetable.
• October 14, 2014. Grace Young has been called the Stir-Fry Guru by the New York Times, the Wok Queen by the Washington Post, and the Wok Evangelist by the website Chow.com. Her cookbook Stir-Frying to the Sky’s Edge won the 2011 James Beard Foundation’s Best International Cookbook Award and was also named one of the top cookbooks of the year by NPR, Washington Post, Good Morning America, and Huffington Post.
• October 18, 2014. Gale Gand has been recognized as Outstanding Pastry Chef of the Year by the James Beard Foundation and by Bon Appetit magazine. She is partner of the beloved Chicago restaurant, Tru and has produced eight cookbooks, including her latest Gale Gand’s Lunch! set for release in April 2014.
• November 10, 2014. Sara Moulton is one of the most trusted names in the food biz. As the host of “Cooking Live,” “Cooking Live Primetime,” and “Sara’s Secrets” between 1996 and 2005, she was a founding Food Network personality. She’s been Food Editor of ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America” since 1997.
• November 14, 2014. Sandra Gutierrez is the author of Latin American Street Food and a Latin cuisine expert who has had more than 2,000 original recipes and 700 articles published. She is frequent guest instructor at A Southern Season and Williams- Sonoma. On November 15, Gutierrez will participate in the Street Food Fest – a celebratory tasting featuring Latin inspired food and drink.
• December 15, 2014. Ellise Pierce’s Cowgirl Chef: Texas Cooking with a French Accent is part adventure and part cookbook that is as fun to read as it is to cook from. As an award-winning journalist, Ellise develops recipes for her own blog, CowgirlChef.com, and the Cowgirl Chef column, which runs in more than 300 newspapers. She has also written for Newsweek, People, and Texas Monthly.
ABOUT LAKE AUSTIN SPA RESORT
Nestled along the shores of scenic Lake Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, Lake Austin Spa Resort offers guests the sanctuary of a world-class spa and the warmth of a best friend’s lake house. Lake Austin Spa Resort offers all-inclusive vacation packages, which include accommodations in one of 40 charming lakeside guest rooms, three gourmet meals daily, indoor and outdoor fitness activities and classes, and a selection of spa and body treatments.
The resort has received numerous awards from prestigious national travel and spa magazines since its multi-million dollar renovation and expansion in 2004. Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, US News & World Report, Fodor’s, Allure, the Zagat Survey, Health, Garden Design, SpaFinder Wellness, and American Airlines’ Celebrated Living magazine have honored Lake Austin Spa Resort as one of the best in the country and in the world.
For additional information and reservations, call 800-847-5637, or visit www.lakeaustin.com.