Five Star Culinary Experience Program
DOWNLOAD THE PDF HERE.
CONTACT: Darlene Fiske email@example.com, (512) 331-7755
Lake Austin Culinary Experience™ Serves Up Five Star Wellness Program
Weeklong Celebration Features Star Chefs and Delicious Experiences
AUSTIN, TX – Distinguished by a menu that successfully marries “health” and “gourmet”, Lake Austin Spa Resort shares secrets of preparing deliciously healthful cuisine for one week every month during its celebrated Lake Austin Culinary Experience ™ program. An overall focus on wellness pervades at the top ranked 40-room destination spa where guests can partake in up to 20 daily classes and activities and choose from 100+ spa treatments at the LakeHouse Spa to round out their culinary focused experience.
The popular series begins on the second Monday of every month, year round. Lake Austin Spa Resort’s culinary team is joined by renowned restaurateurs, cookbook authors, James Beard award winners and acclaimed television personalities in a very intimate setting, providing guests with unforgettable culinary activities. Additionally, Lake Austin Spa Resort showcases the talents of their own Executive Chef Stéphane Beaucamp. Chef Beaucamp began his culinary training in Paris, France and shares his passion for healthy living and clean, fresh food with resort guests during his fun, interactive classes.
During the Culinary Experience weeks, in addition to daily cooking demonstrations, other activities will include Adventures in Cocktail Gardening, The World of Wine, All About Olive Oil, Guided Organic Garden Tour, Hands on Lunch and Learn, Health Benefits of Tea and Tasting, Knife Skills, Composting 101, Herbal Swags and other seasonal specialties. The Culinary Experience program is complimentary to overnight guests of the award-winning destination spa.
Upcoming guest chefs include:
• August 12, 2014. As Texas’s renowned Chinese cooking teacher, Dorothy Huang has taught thousands of students to cook Chinese in their own homes. Her gorgeous cookbook, Chinese Cuisine Made Simple, is the most sought-after cookbook in Chinese Cuisine. It contains 160 mouth-watering recipes that emphasize nutritional values, easy preparation, and taste appeal.
• August 15, 2014. Elizabeth Stone is President and Executive Chef of SilverStone Events, which offers extraordinary culinary experiences, superb service and exceptional event design. She is the author of the book, An Invitation to Entertain: Recipes for Gracious Parties.
• September 16, 2014. Jessica Merchant is a full-time recipe developer, food writer and blogger who is intensely passionate about sharing her food through her writing. Since starting her blog, How Sweet Eats in 2009, it has been read by more than 69 million people. She is the author of the new book Seriously Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food, to be released in September 2014.
• September 19, 2014. GREEN CHILE FEST. Chef John “Johnny Vee” Vollertsen’s career in the hospitality industry has taken him from New York, through Sydney, Australia, and finally Santa Fe, New Mexico where he is now director and creator of the Las Cosas Cooking School. On September 20, Vollertsen presents Green Chile Fest – a celebration and culinary demonstration of New Mexico’s most revered green vegetable.
• October 14, 2014. Grace Young has been called the Stir-Fry Guru by the New York Times, the Wok Queen by the Washington Post, and the Wok Evangelist by the website Chow.com. Her cookbook Stir-Frying to the Sky’s Edge won the 2011 James Beard Foundation’s Best International Cookbook Award and was also named one of the top cookbooks of the year by NPR, Washington Post, Good Morning America, and Huffington Post.
• October 18, 2014. Gale Gand has been recognized as Outstanding Pastry Chef of the Year by the James Beard Foundation and by Bon Appetit magazine. She is partner of the beloved Chicago restaurant, Tru and has produced eight cookbooks, including her latest Gale Gand’s Lunch! which was released in spring 2014.
• November 10, 2014. Sara Moulton is one of the most trusted names in the food biz. As the host of “Cooking Live,” “Cooking Live Primetime,” and “Sara’s Secrets” between 1996 and 2005, she was a founding Food Network personality. She’s been Food Editor of ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America” since 1997 and is the host of “Sara’s Weeknight Meals” currently in its fourth season on PBS.
• November 14, 2014. STREET FOOD FEST. Sandra Gutierrez is the author of Latin American Street Food and a Latin cuisine expert who has had more than 2,000 original recipes and 700 articles published. She is frequent guest instructor at A Southern Season and Williams- Sonoma. On November 15, Gutierrez will participate in the Street Food Fest – a celebratory tasting featuring Latin inspired food and drink.
• December 15, 2014. Ellise Pierce’s Cowgirl Chef: Texas Cooking with a French Accent is part adventure and part cookbook that is as fun to read as it is to cook from. As an award-winning journalist, Ellise develops recipes for her own blog, CowgirlChef.com, and the Cowgirl Chef column, which runs in more than 300 newspapers. She has also written for Newsweek, People, and Texas Monthly.
• December 18 and 19, 2014. Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough are the most published food writing team in North America with 21 award-winning cookbooks to their name. Their next book The Vegetarian Dinner Party is set to release in September 2014 and in March of 2015 The Great American Pressure Cooker Book will hit the shelves. They are regular contributors to weightwatchers.com, Cooking Light, Fine Cooking and more.
• January 12 and 13, 2015. Jeffrey Saad enticed foodies across America as the first runner up on the 5th season of “Next Food Network Star”, which led to two successful series “Spice Smuggler” and “United Tastes of America”. He is the owner and Executive Chef of Studio City’s La Ventura and author of Jeffrey Saad’s Global Kitchen: Recipes Without Borders.
ABOUT LAKE AUSTIN SPA RESORT
Nestled along the shores of scenic Lake Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, Lake Austin Spa Resort offers guests the sanctuary of a world-class spa and the warmth of a best friend’s lake house. Lake Austin Spa Resort offers all-inclusive vacation packages, which include accommodations in one of 40 charming lakeside guest rooms, three gourmet meals daily, indoor and outdoor fitness activities and classes, and a selection of spa and body treatments.
The resort has received numerous awards from prestigious national travel and spa magazines since its multi-million dollar renovation and expansion in 2004. Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, US News & World Report, Fodor’s, Allure, the Zagat Survey, Health, Garden Design, SpaFinder Wellness, and American Airlines’ Celebrated Living magazine have honored Lake Austin Spa Resort as one of the best in the country and in the world.
For additional information and reservations, call 800-847-5637, or visit www.lakeaustin.com.