Top 10 Tips - Weight Training Success
Sharon Rekieta, Fitness Director - 27th September 2013
1. Warm up with 5 – 10 minutes of easy cardio activity.
2. Work the large muscles or the major muscle groups first (chest, back, glutes).
3. Choose weights that are not too heavy, not too light and are instead, just right. Most of the time, you should choose a weight that allows you to complete 8 – 15 repetitions.
4. Move slowly, maintain control and avoid momentum.
5. Perform a balanced workout by remembering to train the muscles that you don’t see such as the back, glutes (hips and bottom), hamstrings (back of the thighs), triceps (back of the arms)
6. Focus on the movement and purpose of the exercise instead of talking, watching TV, or going through the motions mindlessly.
7. Listen to your body in addition to counting repetitions. Strength varies due to many factors (rest, fuel, prior activity) and our performance may vary day to day.
8. Take the muscles through their full range of motion by remembering the 95% rule—extend the limbs almost straight.
9. Stretching well after the workout is important as the muscles will recover faster, maintain fluidity, and become stronger!
10. Give yourself at least one day of rest between strength workouts for adequate recovery.
- yoga poses back pain
- yoga poses
- yoga back pain
- romanesco cauliflower
- post marathon massage
- pain relief
- kim o'donnel
- inflamed muscles
- healthy living
- graffiti cauliflower
- freeze herbs
- fall planting
- cooking demo
- chef interview
- calming technique
- back pain